What A Day!
Today has been pretty much non-stop. In no particular order of importance — the high (and low) lights of my day. I cried at about a good half of these bullets. Some of them happy tears.
- For the first time ever, the dog woke me up at 5am and needed to go out NOW. She was super sick. I have been up since 5am, and have taken her on a billion walks since then, called the vet, etc. She’s fine now — probably just ate something gross. I cooked her chicken and rice. I now fear she will fake tummy aches.
- I learned that you can’t just “eyeball” rice. Measurements exist for a reason.
- The SCOTUS overturned parts of DOMA! Marriage equality takes some GIANT leaps forward. Big happy tears here.
- Visited a medical nutritionist. For a few reasons, but the general gist of the whole thing — I’m going to go Gluten Free. And try to break my sugar addiction, but I think that’s probably tied in to gluten free. I’m optimistic about this, but … I feel like I just became a statistic of some sort. This also probably means I need to really hone those cooking skills and … learn to measure.
- Learned that the world has one less adorable, beloved dog in it. A good friend of mine had to say goodbye to his best friend, and it’s just heartbreaking. More big tears here, and none of them happy.
- I got a totally out of the blue email from a beloved former professor of mine, asking questions about an archaeology exhibit I helped put together almost 9 years ago. Just did a double take at the sender and subject line.
- Got some wonderful advice from another friend of mine — kind of a kick in the butt I need to really double down on my career, and get my name and face out there.
- Received two pairs of Crocs I purchased. I somehow feel the need to come clean about this.
- I blogged. Yay!
Just a very long, strange day. Such extreme highs and sad lows.
Please leave a comment with: your favorite easy-to-make healthy meal that doesn’t involve gluten, some support for my love of Crocs, your own high point of the day, proof that you’ve hugged a furry friend and/or offering me the opportunity to write or speak about social media, integrated marketing, digital strategy or community management.